A number of developments surfaced this week, and other commentors picked up on the potential for automated, user-centric aggregated content – e.g. mtrip, paper.li and ??? Also, Scott Karp introduced the notion of the Content Graph a few weeks ago and I think they’re all related.
- Start with a ‘seed’ research paper or article or news story
- Build a concept graph to ‘x’ nodes distant using the citations in the paper
- highlight Key readings – based on Impact factors, downloads and rewteets, mentions in the blogsophere
- Pick out key authors (with > 1 articles in the graph)
- Build a timeline
- Trawl OA and IRs for working papers
- Include conference proceedings/Call for papers
- Overlay geo-tagged/geographical data – any clusters?
- Suggets funding and publishing options based on profiles of research bodies and publishers
Will think on this a bit further I think…